On the topic of mobile web usage being on the rise, Google recently released a study revealing approximately 40% of people search only on smartphones.
The Google study also found:
- 80% of people use a smartphone
- 67% of people use a desktop computer
- 16% of people use a tablet
- 57% of people use more than one type of device
- 27% of people use a smartphone only
- 14% of people use a desktop computer only
In addition, those who use smartphones use them a great deal — up to 3 hours a day. By comparison, only 2 hours a day (on average) is spent using desktop computers, and 75 minutes is spent using tablets.
Google warns digital marketers that if they’re not making an attempt to reach customers on mobile they’re missing a quarter of their potential audience. So don’t be that person who misses the boat. Contact a web design specialist today.